The highly anticipated L4V Van Alarm is here – the only Thatcham certified van alarm dedicated to the Light Commercial Vehicle (LCV) market.
Specifically engineered to respond to the cutting-edge criminal attack methods, our latest development into van security systems features anti-sabotage technology and is completely unique to the popular LCVs on today’s roads.
- Anti-sabotage. Our innovative anti-sabotage shielding protects alarm components from being disabled during an attempted attack.
- Anti-peel door sensor. Unique to Locks 4 Vans, our anti-peel door sensor complements our Anti-Peel Kit to deliver the ultimate protection against this common method of attack.
- Fully customisable. Choose from a range of innovative accessories (below) to tailor a kit that suits the needs of your customer or business.
- Sensors. A full range of wireless Passive Infrared (PIR) door and movement sensors reduce fitment times and provide maximum flexibility to install our alarm around existing van racking solutions.
- Beyond the load area. Our wireless capability is industry leading with a range that can even incorporate towed trailers within the van system.
- L4V wireless Anti-Peel door sensor
- L4V movement sensor
- L4V wireless PIR for load area
- L4V load area siren (including anti-sabotage bracket)
- L4V 4 button remote
"This truly is the ‘Ultimate’ Security package for the Ford Transit Custom Van. I have found the installation smooth and effortless, with outstanding technical support. Though don't think this is a DIY install, as it’s not. This is for professional Installers only."
"This Alarm has the edge over any competitors, at a reasonable and competitive price to my customers. This is complete vehicle protection with unbeatable Load area protection, this is not something we need to keep pondering on for the future, it's here right now."
Enhanced security for LCVs
At Locks 4 Vans, we take van security seriously. Since our conception in 2003, our entire business model has revolved around anticipating and combating the latest methods that are exhaustively used to bring businesses to their knees through van theft and burglary. 20 years have passed since, and our innovative ways in securing our customers' vans from criminal activity continue to evolve.
The L4V Van Alarm is the natural progression.
We have engineered bespoke kits for the current best-selling makes and models, delivering a product with security features tailored to each van. Every model has its unique characteristics, strengths and vulnerabilities; this is precisely why we haven’t followed a standardised approach when designing the ultimate van alarm system. Better yet, our alarm is fully customisable to meet both personal and specific business needs.
Why choose Locks 4 Vans security systems?
Installing a security system for your Van is always a good idea – whether or not you leave cargo in your load area. Here are four of the most important reasons to consider installing the L4V Van Alarm:
Criminal Activity Surge
According to data collated from a leading insurance company, there were 35,098 reported incidents of tool theft in England, Wales and Northern Ireland in 2022. Even more alarming is that tool theft from vehicles alone accounted for over half (55%) of all tool theft cases during that year.
Downtime and Cost
The average cost to businesses due to van content theft over the past 12 months averages at £4,250. However, the repercussions of such crimes extend beyond the loss of your cargo. Van break-ins potentially result in an average downtime of 30 days for tradespeople & businesses alike.
A visible and robust alarm system acts as a deterrent to potential thieves. When criminals notice your van has a sophisticated alarm system, they are less likely to target your vehicle as it greatly increases the risk of them being detected.
Having a Thatcham certified alarm system may reduce your insurance premiums from anywhere from 5%– 15%. Each Insurance Company will have its own discount criteria, but often the Alarm purchase price can be recovered through Insurance Company discounts over the lifetime of the product.